Monday, July 29, 2013

Drivetrain Update

Here's a quick update on the drivetrain so far:

As you can see, I didn't change the front wheel yet and the backsides of these wheels are not correctly modeled at all. Also, the bolt circles will need to be adjusted on the backside. It will probably not end up as through holes in the final version but these are issues I will deal with on the second revisions with fabrication in mind.

I'll probably end up finishing the lower track guide tonight and that'll be it for today.

Update: Here's a render of WALL-E so far. I kind of just slapped the arms and legs onto WALL-E so they are not accurate at all but it gives some sense of the overall shape.

Here's a cross sectional view just in case anyone was wondering. As you can see, I haven't worked on his internal support structure yet, but it'll be coming soon!

Update 2: Here's another render with better lighting (I forgot which render settings I was using before and it seemed a little off) and transparent outer elements for his eyes.

Update 3: Oops.. it looks like his body is transparent as well.. uhh, I'll fix that later.

All right, time for some sleep.



No comments:

Post a Comment