As you can see, I'm almost done with some exceptions. The overall to do list is as follows:
- Front corner bumpers
- Cutout for arms and legs (will wait until later)
- Modify rear corner bumpers
- Design front charge panel removal
- Design front hatch removal
- Design rear hatch removal
In the movie, the fasteners were flat head type fasteners but because my material is very thin, I didn't have enough thickness for the countersunk heads. So, I decided to change them to button heads with the exception of the red button panel which will have socket head cap screws.
I'll make some adjustments to the WALL-E logo on the front as well. Right now, they are just raised above the surface. I'll go back and add a fillet to attachment point and on the top to make it look like it was metal stamped on there rather than keeping the current sharp look of it.
Here's the rear body of WALL-E. I still need to work on those bumpers on the bottom but besides that, I'm very pleased with how it came out.
.. and here, I went ahead and changed the height of the lower portion of the piston to make them different from the top.
Here's the rear hatch. It will come off as a single piece for rear access. Hopefully the handle will be strong enough to support the weight of the Igloo Playmate Elite cooler. If not, I'll have to increase the length of the inner bracket or have a cross support bracket from flange to flange and attach it to that.
It's currently just bolted to the inner side walls. I may have to use MDF for these walls as a precaution.
Well, that's it for now. Good night.
Update: Actually, I was going to sleep but something was weird when I was trying to mate some pieces. It's been happening for a while but some mates wouldn't work and it would say that it would overdefine my components when it would just fully define them. I was really confused for the longest time.
Here's the culprit:
For some reason, the bottom and the left side (which is suppose to be perpendicular) was 90.20 degrees. I have no idea how that happened. A lot of my components are made using external references so when I created another component based on this component, that 90.20 degrees would carry over to the new piece and then another piece would carry that on and so forth until most of my rear hatch assembly pieces were all off by 0.20 degrees.
I didn't know this and it actually carried over into my Rev. A model as well. Honestly speaking, it wouldn't have made much of a difference during assembly because of the tolerances in the machining but it's nice to know why SolidWorks was giving me problems.
Now that's out of the way, I can finally sleep.