Monday, August 5, 2013

Eye Rear Progress

I've been working on the eye again today:




In this view, you can see the eye in/out mechanism located towards the rear of the eye socket. The hole at the bottom is for the eyebrow servomotor cables. The three pivot brackets as well as the rest of the decorative top covers are there too.

Now that I think about it, the servomotor opening might be too low.. hmm, I will have to double check when I get to the side covers sometime today or tomorrow. At this rate, I should be done with the eye by tomorrow or perhaps the day after.

Time for dinner. Bye.

Edit: Here's an updated view of the rear of the eye:


It's going to be very cramped back there. The one part that worries me the most is the angle bracket connecting the front and rear half of the eye. Hopefully, those three bolts will be able to hold.. if now, I will have to add a support bracket just inside the side cover piece, between the two mounting bolts.

As noted earlier, I had to adjust the opening for the servomotor cables because they were too low and showing beneath the bottom cover piece. Finally, I think I might have gone a little overboard with the two rows of bolts holding most of the rear pieces together. I might end up with two rows of three bolts...

It's getting late now, so that's it for today. Tomorrow, I will work on the rest of the rear pieces and if I'm lucky, I'll get started on his nose/eye pivot.

No comments:

Post a Comment