Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Almost Done With The Hands

I went back and touched up the hands again before I start on the thumb. Once the thumb is done, I'll begin working on his legs, starting with the treads. Since the legs are well documented, it should be easier to model than the other parts. Once that's done, I'll go back to the arms and begin creating the real version with the appropriate movement mechanisms inside. Then, I'll head back to the legs.. and then finally, I'll work on the body.

I still have plenty of work to do but it seems to be going a lot faster than I imagined. When I first started, I thought it was going to take 2-3 years to build WALL-E, but at this rate, I'm hoping that I'll be completed by the end of the year?

It'll take a few more weeks to finish up the 3D model, then I'll have to work on my CNC router. Then I'll have to fabricate my pieces, which will take some time as I optimize each component such that they are able to be fabricated... Then, I'll have to build WALL-E and install all the electronics. Finally, I'll have to work on the software for both WALL-E and for the computer control.

Alright, here's an obligatory render from behind, and that's it for today.


No comments:

Post a Comment