Saturday, March 9, 2013

Head/Neck Preview

So here is a preview of the head and neck design:

The components for the neck are only there for reference so I can start designing the internal mechanism for the pivot. I have not yet checked it for scaling and accuracy with the film so it may look a little bit off. I may have to reduce the height between the neck and the head because it seems a little high but we'll see.

As for the head, I still need to do the eyebrow design as well as the piece just under it, where the piece will rest on. Besides that, everything is set for the head pretty much. I've also ordered some M5 rod ends from China for the servo linkages for about 1/4 of the cost (with free shipping!) 

For the neck, I'm trying to see if I have enough room to fit some of these timing belt pulleys in there. It's going to be a very tight fit from the looks of it. The original plan is to allow me to control the lower and upper neck separately. If it doesn't fit, then, we'll have to resort to plan B where the upper neck will always be parallel with the horizon using a combination of linkages like in a parallelogram configuration.

Alright, time to get back to work!

Edit: Here's the same image with an update pivot so it looks a little better...




No comments:

Post a Comment