Sunday, March 10, 2013

Time for Head/Neck Optimization!

Alright, here's what I have so far with the head and neck sections:


What I'm worried the most right now is the power of the head swivel servo. It's rated for 8 kg-cm @ 6V but that seems to be underpowered at this point. Due to the size constraints in the neck, I'm unable to fit a more powerful servo inside there at this time. Other ideas would be to use gears, pulleys, and belts to run a link down into the body where I'll have more room to work with...

Anyways, I'm almost done with these two sections... just a little bit more to go like:
- Eyebrow design (I keep pushing this off for some reason...) Since it's so small of a detail, I'll go ahead and just draw it on when I start painting it
- Head cable routing through the rear connector
- Rear connector cable link to the neck
- Cable routing through the neck
- Determining if I can fabricate or purchase pieces for the neck

Once those things are complete, I'll start working on the body!

No comments:

Post a Comment