Tuesday, March 5, 2013

I'm still working on the eye

I'm still trying to optimize the design of the eye socket right now...


Mechanism-wise, it's finished. What I'm trying to do now is to remove some material from each piece to reduce the overall weight. Most of the weight is in that middle bracket which holds the ACME nut (and bushings) and the front lens frame. I'm more worried about the lens frame since a tiny servo will attempt to spin that. Most likely, it'll end up look like a wheel spoke so it shouldn't take too long.

Next up will be the eye tilt mechanism. Hopefully, I'll get to it tonight.

Oh, and my outer lens shipped and should be arriving tomorrow. The specs stated it was 4.25" or 110mm (which are different by the way) but it'll be interesting if they will fit into my design.

And finally, the eyebrow design is being put on hold.. mostly because I don't want to work on it right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment